Mechanical Springs Manufacturer
Mechanical springs are coiled devices that store mechanical energy. By providing the ideal combination of tension and compression, these springs offer the advantage of enhanced travel capabilities at reduced loads. Mechanical springs are manufactured from high-quality wire materials, ensuring their long-lasting, reliable performance in demanding operating conditions.
IDC Spring is your one-stop headquarters for custom mechanical springs for a wide range of manufacturing applications. We’ll design and build our springs to your specifications, ensuring that they can perform at a high level. As a result, you’ll get a tough, long-lasting product with the proper tension levels for your applications.
Types of Mechanical Springs That We Offer
IDC Spring has the experience and knowledge to design and manufacture various types of made-to-spec springs for a wide variety of industries. Our spring variations include:
- Torsion: A torsion spring generates a load by rotating around an axis. The design consists of a steel shaft with a cable drum at each end and either one or two springs. It stores energy in a twisting motion and exerts force in direct proportion to the force that’s being applied, but in the opposite direction. It’s possible to design and construct torsion springs that rotate in a clockwise or counterclockwise direction.
- Extension: These springs operate via mechanical resistance that creates a load by stretching them apart. They’re available in open, clipped or double-loop-end configurations as well as with extended hooks. They work by providing a return force that causes them to expand in an actuated position.
- Compression: Unlike extension springs that spread apart, these springs squeeze together to generate a load. They consist of helical coils with a pitch between each that pushes back on the applied force. This process enables the spring to return to its original position upon the release of the force.
- Barrel: A barrel spring can have a concave or convex design. This variation of the compression spring can produce linear force where the bottom and top outer diameter is less than the center diameter. The unique configuration of a barrel spring takes up less space and prevents buckling.
- Specialty: IDC Spring can also design and manufacture springs in a variety of shapes and sizes to meet the needs of specialized applications.
Common Applications and Industries That We Serve
IDC Spring has the expertise, resources and experience to design and build custom mechanical springs for companies in industries ranging from trucking and agriculture to industrial manufacturing, telecommunications, automotive and many others. We can provide the right products for wholesalers and dealers to meet the needs of their customers.
Examples of the numerous applications for the various spring types we offer include:
- Dock Leveler and Loading Docks
- Snow Plows for Trucks and ATVs
- Agriculture Equipment
- Transit and Automotive
- Assembly Lines
- Heavy Trucking
- Valves Springs