Hard drawn wire is one of the most affordable and basic steel wires available for purchase. Dard drawn simply put means, it’s a kind of wire that’s been manufactured to a specific diameter without any additional tempering and processing. This material is extremely versatile and makes for a very sturdy, reliable spring.contact us request a quote
Hard Drawn Wire
What Are the Common Uses for Hard Drawn Wire?
Due to the versatile nature of hard drawn wire, it’s a perfect match for a wide range of manufacturing applications, including:
- Automobile parts
- Shopping carts
- Washer springs
- Safety pins
- Overhead transmission wire
And, of course, hard drawn wire springs make for an exceptional garage door element.
When Not to Use Hard Drawn Wire
It’s equally as important to know when not to use hard drawn wire based products. Most hard-drawn wire spring manufacturers recommend staying away from this material for the following conditions: extreme hot or cold temperature, applications involving high stress or shock-impact loads.
Specs for Hard Drawn Wire
We offer custom hard drawn wire springs in sizes ranging from .08 inches to .625 inches. Depending on your specific needs, we will work with you to deliver the highest quality hard drawn wire springs. We also offer other wire types like oil-tempered wire, chrome silicon wire, music wire and square wire, among others. Additional options include powder coating, grinding, painting, customer stenciling and shot peening.
A Hard Drawn Wire Spring Supplier You Can Trust
The Industrial Spring Company and Holmes Spring Manufacturing take manufacturing spring very seriously. While creating custom hard drawn wire springs might sound like an involved task, we take every step to ensure we’re doing it the right way every time. We pay close attention to craftsmanship and are equally as dedicated to creating an exceptional customer experience.
Value With Choosing the Industrial Spring Company as Your Supplier
We’re your one-stop-shop for all of your garage door spring needs. We manufacture all of our hard drawn wire springs just as we do with our entire product line of extension springs, torsion springs, one-piece springs, galvanized springs and square wire springs. Additional benefits include:
- Three Convenient Locations: Our spring processing plants are located in Minnesota (our corporate headquarters), Ohio (our extended HQ dedicated to serving our East Coast customers) and Arizona. We ship nationwide.
- All-Inclusive Product Line: Our product line is among the most extensive and all-encompassing you’ll find in any spring manufacturer.
- Special Order Program: If you need certain products fast, our special order program is made for you! You can order unique custom springs and stock your inventory quickly by using this special program. Our goal is to help you save time and money, and that’s precisely what this program does.
- Free Quotes: We offer free quotes with quick turnarounds.
- Free App: If you’re interested in learning more, we offer a free spring engineering app for both mobile and desktop use. Simply log in to the app to manage your accounts and order your products!
- Customer-Focused: Our top priority is your happiness and satisfaction. Should you ever feel less than 100 percent satisfied, we will do everything in our power to make things right.
- Customized Products: We’re here to supply you with the springs you need — our products are perfectly designed for every order. If you need custom hard drawn wire springs, for instance, we have you covered.
We have also increased the bandwidth of our product line to include mechanical spring production. Mechanical springs are coiled in look and feature compression on downward pressure.
Let Us Answer Your Questions
If you find yourself in need of more information or help when it comes to choosing which torsion spring is right for you, we’re here to help. We’ve been in the business for more than 40 years, so it’s safe to say we know just what you need.
Contact us online today or give us a call at 800-899-7945.